It is safe to say that health is a priority among all of us. So much so that years ago the Affordable Care Act was put in place to ensure that everyone is taking care of his/her health; regardless of age, race, and/or gender. As is explained on HealthCare.gov (https://www.healthcare.gov/):
“The Affordable Care Act puts consumers back in charge of their health care. Under the law, a new “Patient’s Bill of Rights” gives the American people the stability and flexibility they need to make informed choices about their health.
Enrolling in Coverage:
* Ends Pre-Existing Condition Exclusions for Children: Health plans can no longer limit or deny benefits to children under 19 due to a pre-existing condition.
* Keeps Young Adults Covered: If you are under 26, you may be eligible to be covered under your parent’s health plan.
* Ends Arbitrary Withdrawals of Insurance Coverage: Insurers can no longer cancel your coverage just because you made an honest mistake.
* Guarantees Your Right to Appeal: You now have the right to ask that your plan reconsider its denial of payment.”
Make sure to enroll today (Janurary 31st, 2017) to avoid paying a penalty. If you enroll by today coverage starts as soon as March 1st, 2017.
For More Information
* Read the Full Law
* Find detailed technical and regulatory information on the Patient’s Bill of Rights.